To help you become more familiar and comfortable with my coaching process:
- You set the agenda in the coaching partnership based upon our mutual understanding of your priorities. As your coach, I will hold you accountable.
- My responsibility is to support, motivate, challenge and guide you. Your responsibility is to take the action necessary to make the changes you want in your life.
- I will ask you the tough questions, provide you with focus and structure, support and encourage you through the difficult times. And, I will celebrate your successes with you.
- You will be asked to experiment with fresh approaches and strategies in order to make the changes you desire.
- Issues that are outside the boundaries of the coaching relationship and my expertise should be taken to an appropriate qualified professional.
- Confidentiality is paramount in the coaching relationship and I will not disclose any information about you to anyone unless permission is granted.
- If you choose to discontinue the coaching relationship, a one month notice is appreciated.
- Feedback is gratefully accepted. If you feel there is something I am doing that is not helpful for you or that I am not doing that would help you, please inform me.
- The Christian faith is my compass for life. My hope is that you will enjoy an abundant life as mentioned in verse John 10:10 of the Bible. My coaching comes from a Biblical perspective.
- Coaching sessions will last approximately 45 minutes. The more direct and to the point we are in our conversation the more productive our sessions will be.
The goal of my coaching is to create a trusting and dynamic partnership to help you move toward a more satisfying and full life. I will use innovative and practical strategies to help you clarify what you want, explore options, enhance personal accountability and take action so that you can experience a more joyful life.
Copied from Gary R. Collins, Used by permission of NavPress
All rights reserved. CHRISTIAN COACHING: Helping Others
Turn Potential Into Reality, 2001